The World Cafe Community

Hosting Conversations about Questions that Matter

Book 'Building an evidence based practical guide to Large Scale Interventions. Towards sustainable change with the whole system.

It is with great pleasure to inform you that after six years I finally finished my PhD research on effective use of Large Scale Interventions (which I see as an approach for whole system change,  including the large group intervention methods such as Future Search, Open Space Technology, World Café, Whole Scale Change/Real Time Strategic Change). The World Café community  contributed substantially to this research, I want to thank everyone who shared experiences and ideas with me. 

All findings are wrapped up in a book with the title ‘Building an evidence based practical guide to Large Scale Interventions. Towards sustainable organisational change with the whole system’. It is published by Eburon Academic Publishers and available as paperback and as eBook on amazon.com and eburon.nl. The book offers a practical guide with guidelines for effective use of LSI to assess conditions before the process, enhance performance during the process, and an evaluation instrument to evaluate effectiveness after the process.  The first parts of the book tell the story of my inquiry in the practice of LSI worldwide, including Open Space Technology practice, resulting in an overview of ‘What is LSI?’, which might be a handy chapter for students or starting facilitators. I hope to develop the practical guide in more popular versions for divers user groups, in open source. Reactions are very welcome on  www.largescaleinterventions.ning.com

This book benefited enormously from the work and stimulating responses of founders such as Harrison Owen,  Juanita Brown, David Isaacs, Marvin Weisbord and Sandra Janoff, Barbara Bunker and Billie Alban. I am grateful for their wise words and for their inspiration. Thanks!

Views: 245

Reply to This

Replies to This Conversation

Congratulations Tonnie! Thats a great contribution for the organizational learning and change management processes in communities, companies and networks. I'll order a copy.

Many thanks for your efforts and contributions

Hi Javies, 

Thank you for your warm words. Please let me know what you think of the book in due time. 

RSS

© 2019   Created by Amy Lenzo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service