The World Cafe Community

Hosting Conversations about Questions that Matter

I'm curious about how we are in cafe online. From my perspective, the world cafe community has a unique opportunity to offer the online world a social space that is shaped by a specific intention and container that is the essence of world cafe.

What is that and how can it show up here? What is the space that you who is reading this would like to create here? How would you like for it to feel? What would make this as alive and juicy for you as sitting at a table with markers and flowers between us and a meaningful question guiding us? What supports awakening and engaging collective intelligence through conversation? How can this platform of connectivity invite and support such emergence here? What is ‘being in café’ online? And what might be unique about being here in this online café (verses being in email or using another social media tools)?

A final question I have for those of you who are reading... what would entice you to want to keep returning to this site?

Thank you for the invitation and encouragement to play in this formative space.

curiously yours,
Ashley

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Conversation

Dear Ashley, dear all,

»... What is the space that you who is reading this would like to create here? How would you like for it to feel? What would make this as alive and juicy for you as sitting at a table with markers and flowers between us and a meaningful question guiding us? ... What would entice you to want to keep returning to this site?«

I see this conversation closely linked to a new one that is emerging around the question for a charter for this online community (see the group: caring for this online community).

In the conversation on the New Face of Community, we have touched many times the relation between face-to-face communities and online communities as well.

What is it that we care for in this (online) community? What is it that makes us staying connected and engaged?

Crafting a purpose / intent statement for this community might be a real next step in growing / nurturing / shepherding / stewarding this online and face-to-face community and making it visible to itself.

I contribute to the online community here because I see this online space as an important tool for staying connected with my old and new friends in the face-to-face World Café community. For me, this online community is not an end in itself.

And, while sharing stories and experiences is important, I'd like to see this community engage in orchestrated action (like crafting a shared agreement on what this community is about). That would be something that really would keep my interest. But that is my aspiration, and I don't know if this is a shared one.

Here is a question to connect the two threads of conversation:

What kind of charter or agreement on purpose / intent / guiding behaviors would help this online community thrive?

If you'd like to extend this conversation in the direction of co-creating a World Café Online Community charter, please join one of these conversations: Challenges and / or Charter.

Cheers, Ulrich

RSS

© 2019   Created by Amy Lenzo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service