The World Cafe Community

Hosting Conversations about Questions that Matter

There are people gathering here in the World Cafe community from literally all over the world, and it is so exciting!!! I really want to meet everyone, and I know I'm not alone. Would you please tell us a little about yourself here, just as an introduction, so we can start to learn about each other? Where do you live? How did you learn about the World Cafe? What are your interests and passions?

NOTE: The convention on this part of the site is that the responses are in chronological order, so you have to click forward to the last page (at the bottom of this page) to see the latest introductions.

Tags: community, introductions, stories

Views: 3185

Reply to This

Replies to This Conversation

World Cafe, Appreciative Inquiry, OST and "Wicked Problem Solving"...
Managing Director of The Institute for Enterprise Transformation - a Think Tank devoted to non-linear thinking and non-linear (wicked) problem solving... Our next project - the reinvention of a community devastated by the loss of a major employer (10,000 people)

The Republic of Panama transitioned almost 9,000 positions at the Panama Canal Commission and more or less a like number working over a period prior to the U.S. DoD complete withdrawal on Dec. 31, 1999 (in accordance with the Torrijos-Carter Treaty).  I would very much like to hear how the work for the reinvention is coming along.  I, too, have an interest in non-linear decision making.

Wonderful, Jeffrey and Toni, to have you here.  And I'd love to see how that project went as well.

Warmly,

Juanita

Hi Amy and Hello Everyone

My name is Mireille (said like Me-Ray)
I'm a corporate educator currently on sabbatical. I will be looking for a job this fall. it's time to get back to work.
My sister is here from Montreal. So I get a chance to spend time with both my sister and my mother.
Summer here is Toronto has been up to now yucky - garbage strike (i'm not a fan of Unions) and fall like temperature. It has also been raining. My poor flowers. They looked so wonderful when I planted them. It's raining now as I write this. The positive is that I save on air conditioning and water. My grass looks fabulous Hopefully August will be better. I BBQ'd last night and we sat out under the gazebo and had a wonderful dinner. So I'm optimistic -- oh and they will be picking garbage once again.

I write for a US magzine called Training Media Review

This summer I'm writing a series on Social Media and one on Visual Communication

I'm taking a course at Webcast Academy
I'm taking another course -- Leight's Blackwell's course called FAciliatating Online This course is being facilitated by Sarah Stewart

and that's it.

Mireille
Hi Mireille,

Nice to hear a bit about you. I'm in Toronto as well, and I would be interested to hear more about the series you're writing on visual communication - I am a graphic recorder and I've recorder a few World Cafes.

Reilly
Hi Reilly,

OMG. I'm looking for a graphic recorder for our cafe in November. I'm 4hours north of you. Are you open to a discussion? Please let me know how I can connect with you. I'm hoping we can have a discussion about possible collaboration.
I'm excited!
Julie
My name is Kelley Roy and I live in Portland, Oregon. I found out about World Cafe through a small business group that is forming here. I have been doing green building development and sustainable business development for the past 4 years and recently started a consulting arm of my company, Sassafras Green Building Development + Consulting (www.sassafrasgreenbuilding.com) . I provide sustainability consulting services, including strategic business planning, grassroots marketing strategies and effective program development, to small local startups and existing small businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest. For my clients in Portland, I am creating an Advisory Board of individuals who
- have successfully started their own business
- have provided financial, legal and business development services to successful startup companies
- are strategic thinkers who have their finger on the pulse of trends in sustainability from a variety of industries (food, planning, design, building, education, real estate, retail, etc)
- have an interest in supporting sustainable small businesses in the Portland Metro Region
- are interested in being part of a support network for each other (as small business owners)
- can provide objective analysis of business concepts

Environmental protection is the foundation of my work; the focus of my education and expertise; and what keeps me motivated to make positive change in the world. If you are looking for creative ways to be more sustainable I can help. Call me now for a FREE 30 minute consultation. I look forward to working with you.
Kelley Roy
206-304-4899
Do you know Watkins Park Tavern in Clackamas? My sister in law owns it.
Kelly, I am in Redmond Oregon and would welcome conversations about our work. I am steeped in conversation as a framework and love TWC as a vehicle. I wish you the best.

John
Olá! Sou Edmilson Martins.
Gosto de pensar que estamos construindo um mundo melhor para nós mesmos, para noso semelhante e nosso próximo. Isso me faz acordar cedo e começar bem o dia.

Devemos usar os recursos com sapiência, consciência e responsabilidade, sejam eles a água, a energia, o dinheiro, o meio ambiente... ...e até a palavra.

Sou o Idealizador do Boulevard Paulistano.
BOULEVARD PAULISTANO
é um projeto socioambiental e cultural que tem como direcionamento
de trabalho o planejamento e execução de ações educativas e pró-ativas para adultos,
jovens e crianças, sobre a necessidade de transformação social em relação a
sustentabilidade.
Promove a conscientização, integração e inclusão social através de questionamentos
públicos e diálogos colaborativos abrigando grupos diversos da Comunidade.

[ ]´s
Sr. Martins. Obrigado para sua introdução. Eu desculpo-me usando Babel-Fish para ajudar a traduzir. A transformação social com a discussão é crítica a desenvolver um worldview saudável. Obrigado para sua liderança em sua região.

Dennis Mixer
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
I'm Karen Blakeney-Granado from Los Angeles, CA and I work for First 5 LA (a public funder in Los Angeles County). Currently I oversee a countywide capacity building effort around child abuse and neglect prevention and we are utilizing what we refer to as "parent cafes" to give parents a chance to connect with other parents and have discussions around ways to support children and families. The cafes have taken on a life of their own in each of the areas of the county that reflect the local interests of parents and what they want to achieve in building stronger families and communities. The process is and has been exciting, fun and informative.

I found the World Cafe website on goggle and have been an avid reader of the postings and wanted to share what we were doing here in Los Angeles with others and learn more about what is going on internationally as well.

My passion as a professional is to see communities come together to provide better ways of supporting families. As an individual I love reading, writing poetry and painting.

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Contribute!

If you appreciate the World Café and what this community space makes possible, please make your contribution - large or small - to the World Café Community Foundation now.

© 2014   Created by Amy Lenzo.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service