The World Cafe Community

Hosting Conversations about Questions that Matter

There are people gathering here in the World Cafe community from literally all over the world, and it is so exciting!!! I really want to meet everyone, and I know I'm not alone. Would you please tell us a little about yourself here, just as an introduction, so we can start to learn about each other? Where do you live? How did you learn about the World Cafe? What are your interests and passions?

NOTE: The convention on this part of the site is that the responses are in chronological order, so you have to click forward to the last page (at the bottom of this page) to see the latest introductions.

Tags: community, introductions, stories

Views: 3272

Reply to This

Replies to This Conversation

I'm really convinced that ideas sharing is the baseline of innovation - I'm fascinated by the power or group thinking and I like to animate this kind of brainstorming.

However, I feel over-flooded by the quantity & quality of ideas that popped up during the world cafe session that I oarganized in the past weeks  - I'm sure that it will take hours of analysis, and perhaps fustration of attendees because only a few ideas will be exploited in the near future.

This is why I joined your community, because I perhaps went too fast and I need some help-tips for my next World cafe,

Hi Everyone,

My name is Stephane Deuvaert. I work at a small private middle school/high school in North San Diego area.

I'm passionate about people and helping people communicate more clearly what matters most to them. I spend a lot of time really trying to hear and understand what people are saying deeper than what's on the surface (including with myself). I'm passionate about making people feel connected to each other and helping them contribute to their world in way that's congruent with their ideals and strengths.

What this means for me, is trying to create applications (web) and interactions (interpersonal) that help students teachers and parents find joy in learning, teaching and parenting and help them notice their fears and hesitations in order to find themselves and their place in our organization and the wider community.

I honestly don't know much about World Café except that we've done some café style inquiries. I'm interested in learning more and seeing what others are experiencing.

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome to the World Cafe Community.  The Elder of the World Cafe, Dr. Anne Dosher, lives near you in San Diego and I'm sure would be happy to talk with you and to be of support.  You can write her directly through her profile here on the on-line community and if you have trouble reaching her, contact me at juanita@theworldcafe.com

With warm regards,

Juanita Brown

Dear Stephane,

I love your passion and compassion! Your focus is powerful, especially within education-"I'm passionate about making people feel connected to each other and helping them contribute to their world in way that's congruent with their ideals and strengths."

I just wanted to let you know that there will be a World Cafe Level 1 online Signature Learning Program in November, Level 2 soon to follow in collaboration with Fielding University. If you would like to know more about The World Cafe, this is an excellent idea to keep in mind. The World Cafe website will give you more information about our Learning Programs.

http://www.theworldcafe.com/learning.html

There are also many resources in our Tool Kit and Store, as well as the "Approach" section of our website. Should you have further questions, you can email me. Barbara@theworldcafe.com

http://www.theworldcafe.com/toolstore.html

http://www.theworldcafe.com/overview.html

Warm Wishes,

Barbara Krohn

Hello Heidi!  Would you like to explore how we might collaborate? This is Sami in San Francisco  samisunchild@gmail.com,  www.redvic.com, 415 861 7264

Greetings!  My name is Shelley Nessman and I live in Steveston British Columbia.  I have studied Dialogue and Civic Engagement at Simon Fraser University and deepened my understanding of the Cafe process in a workshop with Chris Corrigan- my new guru for cafe and facilitation!

I am passionate about the power we hold as individuals when we are encouraged to see ourselves and others through the lens of our gifts and intelligences.. no matter what we have been told in the past.

I am also a member of the laughter community and am a certified Laughter Yoga leader... :D

Hi,

I am excited to be a part of the world cafe online community.  I live in the Washington DC area where I am the ED of an amazing youth-led foster care program.  I am a newbie to the concept of wold cafe.  This summer I will be attempting to host an online world cafe on foster care in the Washington DC area. Our world cafe will be planned and convened by youth from across the US.  Suggestions and ideas are much appreciated as this is my first attempt at this

Hi Latrice,

You might want to contact Adriano Pianesi (you will find him here in the on-line community) who is a long time World Cafe host and steward and can provide support to what you are doing.  It sounds very exciting.  Just look him up in Washington DC area or by his name and send him a message!

Warmly,

Juanita

Oh Dr. Brown,

I am so excited to actually hear from you!   I am so amazed by you and your brainchild, the world cafe.  I am also very excited about how I can use it in the child welfare field and with youth advocacy.  I have spoken to Amy and have a very exciting project in the works.  I hope that we will cross paths soon and have an inspiring weekend!

Latrice

Wonderful!

Hi Everyone,

I'm Ian and I live in Wolverhampton in the West Midlands of England. i work helping people come up with the creative ideas that will move them or their organisations forward. Most of my work focusses around trying to understand what it will mean to prosper (in the full sense of that word) in the 21st Century.

I am a qualified professional coach and NLP Practitioner and I currently amuse myself by reading up on applied neuroscience and the nature of innovation. I love to run seminars in which people come to understand themselves better and in which they achieve breakthroughs that energise them as they walk into the future.

At the moment my pet project revolves around building an understanding of what it would mean to have a uniquely arabic approach to global leadership.

Looking forward to finding my way around this community and understanding the philosophy and practicalities of this community.

Hello All:

I am an artist who has lived and worked in several countries and in many states of the United States, simply because I moved around (as a child my father was in management for GE). I currently live in New Harmony, Indiana, which was founded by two utopian communities and today is home to many artists of all disciplines. I enjoy this atmosphere and find I have lots of friends here by virtue of our mutual interests.

I have heard about the World Café community from others, but recently I went onto the site, since a friend also is a member and was impressed by it, so thought I would join.

I paint a lot, write a lot and play music a little. I teach at the University of Southern Indiana for a living, in the Art Department and Humanities Department. I stay busy not only painting, but exhibiting my work in exhibitions locally and nationally, which is interesting in itself. I also travel whenever I can and have friends in many major cities in the U.S. and elsewhere that I like to visit. My life is very full and rewarding. I hope to meet more friends and learn more about other places that I have not been and things that people all over the world do.

Thanks for welcoming me.

Jill Withrow Baker

Attachments:

RSS

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Contribute!

If you appreciate the World Café and what this community space makes possible, please make your contribution - large or small - to the World Café Community Foundation now.

© 2014   Created by Amy Lenzo.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service