The World Cafe Community

Hosting Conversations about Questions that Matter

What a pleasure to join the new Cafe community. Here is what is on my mind

Would love to have conversations around what will be a life changing experience. I am starting my PhD in September. I will be attending Fielding Graduate University and earning my PhD in Human and Organization Systems. Juanita has been an inspiration to me in my interest in research including World Cafe work and in my choice of Fielding. Thank you Juanita. I also want to give special thanks to Dave for helping me to embrace my elderhood and to Tom for the feedback to quit looking outside of myself for answers that I can and should find inside. All three have a hand in my decision to move ahead with my PhD and let go of my doubts and commit. I am confident that I can and will make a significant difference in this world and am very excited to continue my journey.

I want to offer a special thank you to Amy for embracing my interest in The World Cafe and offering ideas as I explore my research question for my PhD. Thank you Amy. I hope to have more conversations as I can learn so much from you. And thank you for moving to Ning. A much!!! better platform for this community. Good decision.

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Conversation

Ilona, what a wonderful post. You are blessed to have a wonderful partner in your husband. There is so much strife in this world, having love and support is a critical factor for us to be able to live our lives to the fullest. I feel the same way about my wife of 26 years. She encourages me, supports me, and is willing to put up with all the rabbit holes that I tend to go down as I explore who I am and what I have to offer this world.

Life changing experiences for me include experiences that go all the way back to when I was 10. Extraordianry people who have had an impact on my life. All of those are for another conversation. Most recently, the Pegasus conference last year provided me with some conversatoins that I needed to get unstuck. Some of the people for which I feel greatful last year include David Isaacs, Juanita Brown, Tom Hurley, and several others. I started my doctoral journey and was stuck in wondering if I could and should I until these conversations. Being in conversation is one of the most important if not the most important activities humans can engage in. We are blessed to be in this wonderful community fully based on conversation.

I wish you well.

John
Dear John,
I realised that I misstranslated thus missunderstood your topic.
Do you know what your research topic will be?
I wish you all the best and like to stay in contact with the research groop, since "sientific" research can sometimes widen your understanding, which I'd appriciate very much. Good luck, good conversations
Ilona
Ilona, not sure yet what the topic will be. My intent is to have TWC as part of the topic and methodology. I will keep all apprised as I make progress. Thank you for clarification.

John

RSS

© 2019   Created by Amy Lenzo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service