These words by Dag Hammarskjöld speak to the big YES that we have been hearing - in our community calls, in the Advisory Council meetings, in the Stewardship Council gatherings, and in individual conversations with community members… A YES to learning in community, yes to the new and to the yet unknown, yes to creating more opportunities for hosts to meet and engage with each other, and yes to sharing more stories…
NOW is the time to take the “necessary elegant small next steps” (as World Cafe elder Anne Dosher calls them) towards what is to come. We are building on what we have done together and we adding new dimensions of value.
Yes! To all that is to come:
- A bold new vision for the World Cafe & the “Central Garden” community of international practitioners AND a clear, simple model to sustain it financially
- The recognition that we are truly "in this together" - that we are wiser together than we are alone, and that we need each other in order to step into the challenges and opportunities of today's world.
- The importance of creating spaces where we can ask the big questions and learn from each other.
To support this bold new vision, we will do the following:
- Make a significant upgrade to the World Cafe's technology & communications
- Update the existing online community site to make it current, accessible, and responsive
- Create a dedicated list-serv created to respond to immediate inquiries and host community explorations
- Re-design the World Cafe website and other key communications to make our most important messages prominent and accessible
- Launch learning opportunities to deepen our practice:
- Short learning modules on topics of professional interest for all hosts
- Advanced learning programs with founders & other senior practitioners
- Offer courses and trainings from key educational partners in the larger “Central Garden” of aligned practitioners
- Offer significant community discounts on
- New Learning Programs
- Professional Consulting to support you in your World Cafe work
- World Cafe e-Publications
- Regular Online World Cafes
- A World Cafe Live! series focused on specific topics, e.g. Education, Health, Diversity, Research, etc.
- Monthly Community Cafes to experience the format and build relationships in the global community (including formal training and co-mentoring opportunities)
- Open Office Hours with co-funders & senior World Cafe hosts: Bring your questions, challenges and insights!
A dedicated Community Weaver whose presence in our community will make all kinds of wonderful things possible.
Here's how we can make it happen, together:
How can we all support this big and bold endeavor? That’s why we are writing to you today… What if you could, for a small regular contribution , amplify the impact of the World Cafe and Central Garden communities all over the globe ?
Giving Back and Paying Forward
This initiative aims to create a solid framework for our sustainability. It offers a way for each of us to “give back & pay forward” - to the World Cafe community and to the ongoing development of our common work.
We will be inviting you to support this vision via a subscription to The Community Table - hosted by the World Cafe. The suggested contribution is $95/year or $10/month.
This principle has been guiding us since the first World Cafe and it will continue to guide us as we take the next steps. This means: the public resources we have always offered on the website will remain available for everyone at no cost. AND there will be an option to “pay what you can” for your subscription.
NO ONE WILL BE TURNED AWAY!
THIS COMMUNITY IS FOR ALL OF US